In this short article I will explain some grew tips for creating an author biography. You can use the following author profile on Amazon, and also on the rear cover of your book.
TIPS FOR CREATING AN AUTHOR BIOGRAPHY
1. Keep it relatively short. Between 150 and 200 words will be sufficient.
2. Write your biography in the third person. (See below for an example)
3. Try including the following in your biography:
– Who you are;
– Your experiences, qualifications and background;
– Why you decided to write your book(s);
– The aim of your book(s);
– How your book(s) will be of benefit to the reader.
Here’s what mine looks like:
Richard McMunn started the ‘how2become’ series of books back in 2005 when he was working as a Firefighter for Kent Fire & Rescue Service. He initially started selling the books through his website, but soon expanded the range on Amazon. Before joining the Fire Service, Richard spent 4 years in the Fleet Air Arm on-board HMS Invincible. During his career he was heavily involved in recruitment, and regularly sat on interview panels in addition to creating recruitment tests and scoring application forms and CV’s.
Many of his books not only include details of how to pass a selection process, but they also provide sample responses to the application form questions and also the interview questions.
Example Amazon Author Page – What it looks like!